All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.22Trending at £9.29
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.68
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing the notion of 'expert knowledge' and examining its role in applications relevant to landscape ecology, this book uses case studies to address a range of topics of interest to landscape ecologists, resource management and conservation professionals.
- Author BiographyIt is not uncommon for landscape ecologists to rely on advice and input of experienced professionals, albeit informally, in conducting research and devising solutions for applied problems in conservation and management. Given the wealth of expert knowledge available and the risks of its ad-hoc and implicit application in landscape ecology, it is essential to formalize the use of expert knowledge and establish rigor in methodology. In this context, Expert Knowledge and Its Application in Landscape Ecology explores several questions: who are experts; what is expert knowledge; and how is it elicited, characterized, and applied. It contains: * An introduction to the concept of experts and expert knowledge for landscape ecologists * A series of research studies on methods of expert knowledge capture and applications in conservation biology, wildlife ecology, forest succession, wildland fire, ecoregionalization, and marine ecosystems; from Australia, Canada, and USA * A synthesis of the state of knowledge on expert knowledge in landscape ecology, with a review of the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating expert knowledge in landscape ecological applications. The book is written for researchers, graduate students, and practitioners in landscape ecology, focusing on conservation and management of terrestrial and marine resources. About the Editors: Ajith H. Perera is Senior Research Scientist in the Forest Landscape Ecology Program at the Ontario Forest Research Institute, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. C. Ashton Drew is Research Associate in the North Carolina Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, North Carolina State University. Chris J. Johnston is Associate Professor in the Ecosystem Science Management Program at the University of Northern British Columbia.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight648 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAjith H. Perera,C. Ashton Drew,Chris Johnson
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.