Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.40
- £13.30Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.48
- £12.06Trending at £12.61
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £18.94Trending at £19.25
- £10.50Trending at £11.83
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the nature of clinical knowledge and judgment. This title presents a report of a six-year study of over 1,300 hospital nurses, primarily in critical care. It documents and analyzes their clinical narratives for stages of clinical skill acquisition and the components of expert practice.
- Author BiographyPatricia Benner, PhD, RN, FAAN, is a professor emerita of nursing in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences Nursing at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). She is a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing and an honorary fellow in the Royal College of Nursing, United Kingdom. She is the author of From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice, which has been translated into 10 languages and provides the background for this research; has coauthored with Judith Wrubel in The Primacy of Caring, Stress and Coping in Health and Illness; Expertise in Nursing Practice: Caring, Clinical Judgment and Ethics with Christine Tanner and Catherine Chesla; and The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching National Nursing Education Study entitled, Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation (Benner, Sutphen, Leonard, & Day, 2010). Dr. Benner coedited Interpretive Phenomenology in Health Care Research (Chan, Brykczynski, Malone, & Benner, 2010). Dr. Benner is currently conducting research on clinical knowledge and experiential learning of nurses caring for wounded warriors in combat zones with Dr. Patricia Kelley and colleagues from the Federal Tri-Service Research Program.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Edited byCatherine Chesla,Christine Tanner,Patricia E. Benner
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.