Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.03
- £19.38Trending at £30.09
- £11.70Trending at £13.82
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.87Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
- £10.28Trending at £13.98
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number84
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight610 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byVincent J. Cristofalo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
- Table Of ContentsRegulation of Cell Division in Aging Mouse Mammary Epithelium.- Age Dependent Decline in Proliferation of Lymphocytes.- The Regulation of Cellular Aging by Nuclear Events in Cultured Normal Human Fibroblasts (WI-38).- Hydrocortisone as a Modulator of Cell Division and Population Life Span.- General Considerations of Membranes.- Function of Cardiac Muscle in Aging Rat.- Changes in Cardiac Membranes as a Function of Age with Particular Emphasis on Reactivity to Drugs.- Changes in Protein Synthesis in Heart.- Senescence and Vascular Disease.- Changes in Hormone Binding and Responsiveness in Target Cells and Tissues During Aging.- Regulation of Corticosterone Levels and Liver Enzyme Activity in Aging Rats.- Aging and the Regulation of Hormones: A View in October 1974.- Aging and the Disposition of Glucose.- Banquet Address.- The Scientist and Social Policy on Aging.- Abstracts.- Cell Types Originating from Young and Old Mouse Kidney Explants.- Alterations in the Growth Rate and Glucose Metabolism of Chinese Hamster Cells inVitro.- The Cristofalo Indices of Mutant Human Cells.- Altered DNA Metabolism and Aged and Progeric Fibroblasts.- The Survival of Haploid and Diploid Vertebrate Cells After Treatment with Mutagens.- Capacity of Cultured Fibroblasts from Different Mammalian Species to Metabolize 7,12- Dimethylbenz(a)anthracene to Mutagenic Metabolites: A Correlation with Lifespan.- Extension of the inVitro Lifespan of Human WI-38 Cells in Culture by Vitamin E.- Diminished Inotropic Response to Catecholamines in the Aged Myocardium.- Studies in Age-Related Ion Metabolism in Rat Myocardium.- The Effects of Isoproterenol Stress on the Hearts of Old and Young Rats.- The Effect of Age and Fasting on Serum Cholesterol Levels and Cholesterol Esterification in the Rat.- Lipid Metabolism in Aging Rats.- Exercise, Thyroid Secretion Rate and Lipid Metabolism in Rats.- Accelerated Aging of the Brain: Neuroendocrine Studies in Huntingdon's Disease.- Changes in Brain Adenosine - 3'5' -Monophosphate in the Aging Rat.- Evidence Relating the Amount of Albumin mRNA to the Increased Albumin Synthetic Activity Observed in Old Rats.- Properties of Catalase Molecules in Rats of Different Ages.- Thermal Denaturation of Biomolecules at Normal Body Temperature.- Participants.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.