Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.80
- £3.63Trending at £3.70
- £4.24Trending at £4.75
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
About this product
- DescriptionConveying the beauty of the ocean and the specific measures being put into effect to preserve it, this collection includes sanctuaries of Thunder Bay, Stellwagen Bank, and Monitor - the resting place of the Civil War vessel. It is useful for understanding the importance of the Sanctuaries and their role in protecting our ocean resources.
- Author BiographyJean-Michel Cousteau is the author of America's Underwater Treasures, the Explore the National Marine Sanctuaries series, and My Father, the Captain and is a founder of the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation. He is a recipient of the Emmy award, the Peabody Award, the 7 d'Or, and the Cable Ace Award, and has produced more than 80 films and is the executive producer of the television show Jean-Michel Cousteau: Ocean Adventures. He lives in Santa Barbara, California. Sylvia A. Earle is an explorer-in-residence at the National Geographic Society, the leader of the Sustainable Seas Expeditions, and a chair of Google Earth advisory council for the ocean. She is a charter member of the Ocean Futures Society Advisory Board and the former chief scientist of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, as well as a founder of the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation. She lives in Oakland, California. Maia McGuire is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for the University of Florida-Northeast Florida. She is a member of the Florida Marine Science Education Association and the National Marine Educators Association. She lives in St. Augustine, Florida.
- Author(s)Jean-Michel Cousteau,Maia McGuire,Sylvia A. Earle
- PublisherOcean Publishing
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationFlagler Beach, FL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOcean Publishing
- Content Note135 colour photos & 6 maps
- Weight288 g
- Width185 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.