All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Exploring Greenland mountaineer Jim Gregson shares narratives of adventures lived in the impressive landscapes of the great Arctic wilderness. This stunning book, beautifully illustrated with over 100 colour photographs, shows unequivocally what a precious wilderness the world could lose if the trends in global warming continue unabated.
- Author BiographyJim Gregson had a lengthy career as a schoolteacher, and throughout his life an even longer (and continuing) avocation as an alpinist and ski mountaineer. He has walked and climbed extensively in the mountains of Britain and very widely across the European Alps and Pyrenees. He is also a frequent traveller to the mountains of Norway as a telemark-style ski mountaineer. As the pages of Exploring Greenland reveal, he has also made many expeditions to Greenland, making many first ascents of unclimbed peaks and ranking amongst Britain's most experienced Arctic mountaineers. He is also a prolific photographer. His writing and pictures have appeared in numerous magazines and in the prestigious pages of the Alpine Journal and the American Alpine Journal.
- Author(s)Jim Gregson
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Publishing
- Content Noteover 100 colour photographs
- Weight350 g
- Width260 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.50
- £22.69Trending at £30.03
- £23.42Trending at £29.53
- £12.77Trending at £14.13
- £20.77Trending at £30.00
- £12.18Trending at £16.54
- £21.77Trending at £29.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.