Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses science fiction film as a vehicle for exploring science concepts. Over 100 references to science fiction films and television episodes are included, spanning more than 100 years of cinematic history. Includes numerical examples and solutions.
- Author BiographyBarry Luokkala is a teaching professor and director of undergraduate laboratories in the department of physics at Carnegie Mellon University. He received his BS and MS degrees in physics at the University of Pittsburgh, where he did experimental research in the physics and chemistry of the ionosphere. He received his PhD in experimental condensed matter physics at Carnegie Mellon University. He has also served as program director for the Pennsylvania Governor's School for the sciences and has been a science consultant for the Sloan Foundation Screenplay Competition in Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama.
- Author(s)Barry B. Luokkala
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleScience and Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.