All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.50
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £9.66Trending at £15.00
- £19.44Trending at £28.49
- £9.69Trending at £15.00
About this product
- DescriptionExquisite Mixture examines the writing of Robert Boyle, John Locke, Daniel Defoe, and others in seventeenth- and eighteenth-century Britain who advocated mixture as a critical element of this belief in English superiority: mixture could produce superior languages, new species, flawless ideas, and resilient civil societies.
- Author BiographyWolfram Schmidgen is Professor of English at Washington University in St. Louis. He is also the author of Eighteenth-Century Fiction and the Law of Property.
- Author(s)Wolfram Schmidgen
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleHaney Foundation Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.