All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA university preparation course published in collaboration with the University of Reading.
- Author BiographyJoan McCormack is the Director of the Self-Access Centre at the University of Reading, and works as an EAP Lecturer and Course Director. She has worked in Japan, Peru and Spain, and has been involved in the field of EAP for the past 12 years. Her areas of interest include the development of materials for teaching extended academic writing and research skills, as well as fostering the development of learner autonomy in students. Joan is co-author of two of the titles in the English for Academic Study series: Extended Writing and Research Skills and Speaking. John Slaght has worked at the University of Reading in a variety of capacities since 1988 and currently works in the EAP department. He is Director of Assessment and Test Development in the International Study and Language Centre at the University. John has co-authored two books in Garnet Education's English for Academic Study series: Reading and Extended Writing and Research Skills. John has extensive overseas experience in Higher Education, having spent a total of 14 years teaching English, History and French in Africa, and Academic English in the Middle East. His work continues to take him to various areas of the globe. John is currently piloting a book of preparation materials for the Test of English for Educational Purposes and is planning further publications on Academic Reading and Language Testing. Currently, his responsibilities in testing include test administration and writing. He has been an item writer for Cambridge ESOL for a number of years and is regional team leader on a marking panel.
- Author(s)Joan McCormack,John Slaght
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Academic Study S.
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Notefull colour photos, tables and illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide, American Ed.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.25
- £12.75Trending at £20.13
- £40.35Trending at £40.97
- £30.00Trending at £42.85
- £18.73Trending at £19.57
- £16.40Trending at £19.31
- £30.19Trending at £33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.