All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA startling and at times unsettlingly prescient collection of J. G. Ballard's greatest interviews.
- Author BiographyJ.G. Ballard was born in 1930 in Shanghai, where his father was a businessman. After internment in a civilian prison camp, he and his family returned to England in 1946. He published his first novel, The Drowned World, in 1961. His 1984 bestseller Empire of the Sun won the Guardian Fiction Prize and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize. It was later filmed by Steven Spielberg. His memoir Miracles of Life was published in 2008. J.G. Ballard died in 2009.Simon Sellars lives in Melbourne, Australia. He is the editor of the magazine Architectural Review Asia Pacific and the publisher of ballardian.com. His writing on architecture, urbanism, film, travel and Ballard has been published widely.Dan O'Hara is a philosopher of technology and literary historian. He currently lives in Berlin, and is International Professorial Research Fellow at the Centre for Fine Art Research, Birmingham City University.
- Author(s)J. G. Ballard
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight380 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDan O'Hara,Simon Sellars
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £7.37
- £6.72Trending at £6.89
- £9.83Trending at £14.98
- £4.57Trending at £4.99
- £8.68Trending at £8.85
- £11.41Trending at £17.94
- £4.44Trending at £4.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.