All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Koki Horikoshi
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- GenreAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight455 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of Contents1 Prologue.- 2 Earlier Microbiology.- 3 The University of Tokyo and Purdue University.- 4 Alkaliphiles.- 5 The Ingham Family and Biosciences.- 6 Superbugs project.- 7 Medal Lecture at the Royal Society.- 8 JAMSTEC Deep Star.- 9 Samples From 10,898 Meters Beneath the Pacific Ocean.- 10 His Majesty the Emperor and the Deep Sea.- 11 New Scientific Journal Extremophiles and the International Society of Extremophiles.- 12 My Lifelong Friend Hubert Gottschling.- 13 Epilogue.
- Author BiographyKoki Horikoshi is the founder of the international research journal Extremophiles and the International Society of Extremophiles. He was the first person in the world to isolate alkaliphiles and received many awards for his scientific work, including the Purple Medal (1987), the Gold Medal from the UK's International Biotechnology Society (1991), the Honda Prize (1992) and the Japan Academy Prize (2006).
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.59
- £8.98Trending at £9.40
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £26.39Trending at £29.73
- £11.09Trending at £13.43
- £21.99Trending at £25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.