Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn light of the legislation such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), there is an increased need to measure the ability of government organizations and companies subject to these standards to protect information. This book provides guidelines for addressing FISMA compliance.
- Author BiographyPatrick D. Howard has over 38 years of experience in the security industry, and has worked in the computer security field for the past 23 years. Mr. Howard has served as the Chief Information Security Officer at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission since March 17, 2008, and is responsible for managing NRC's enterprise-wide information security program. Prior to joining NRC, Mr. Howard was employed at the Department of Housing and Urban Development for 3 years, where he served as HUD's Chief Information Security Officer and managed the Department's enterprise-wide information technology security program. Mr. Howard led HUD to a first ever A+ score on Congress' 2006 FISMA Report Card and was recognized as a 2007 Fed 100 winner for his accomplishments in government information technology. Prior to joining HUD, Mr. Howard was employed by the Titan Corporation supporting the Department of Transportation where he served as the Department's Certification and Accreditation Program Manager. Mr. Howard is co-author of the Total CISSP Exam Prep Book, and author of Building and Implementing a Security Certification and Accreditation Program. Mr. Howard received a bachelor's degree in History from the University of Oklahoma and an master's degree in International Relations from Boston University. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). He is a member of the American Council for Technology/Industry Advisory Council (ACT/IAC) InfoSec and Privacy Shared Interest Group Government Advisory Panel and the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium's Government Advisory Board and the Executive Writer's Bureau, which he chairs. Mr. Howard is also an adjunct professor of Information Assurance at Walsh College, Troy, Michigan.
- Author(s)Patrick D. Howard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.