All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can contact in adoption and fostering be tailored to the individual child? This book provides assessment frameworks that reflect what attachment, neuroscience and trauma tell us about children's needs. The authors outline a model for managing contact to make it more purposeful and increase its potential for therapeutic benefit.
- Author BiographyLouis Sydney is a Child and Adult Psychotherapist and Specialist Adoption Consultant who has been working with children and families for over 10 years. He has training in Theraplay (R), Dan Hughes' Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP), Somatic Experience and Story Stems, and a Diploma in Supervision from the Gestalt Centre. Elsie Price is a Qualified Social Worker and Practice Teacher with over 35 years' experience of working with looked after children. Elsie has also trained by Dan Hughes in the use of Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) and The Theraplay (c) Institute. She works as a Consultant Therapeutic Social Worker at Adoptionplus. Adoptionplus is a therapeutic voluntary adoption agency based in Buckinghamshire, near Milton Keynes, UK, offering an adoption placement service, specialist therapy services, training and conferences.
- Author(s)Adoptionplus,Elizabeth Price,Elsie Price,Louis Sydney
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Foreword byKim Golding
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £14.42Trending at £14.65
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.28Trending at £21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.