Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionFacing Down the Soviet Union reveals for the first time the historic deliberations regarding the Chevaline upgrade to Britain's Polaris force, the decisions to procure the Trident C-4 and then D-5 system from the Americans in 1980 and 1982. It also details the decision to base Ground Launched Cruise Missiles in the UK in 1983.
- Author BiographyKristan Stoddart is a Lecturer in Cyber Security at the Department of International Politics at Aberystwyth University, UK. He is the author of four books and has spoken nationally and internationally on the subject of nuclear weapons and other security issues. He is also Deputy Director of the Centre for Intelligence and International Security Studies.
- Author(s)Kristan Stoddart
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXII, 323 p.
- Weight550 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.