All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of this work contends that an important responsibility of social enquiry is to engage critically with the moral difficulties and ethical dilemmas which have arisen with modernity. He discusses the work of theorists including Foucault, Beck, Derrida, Giddens and Levinas.
- Author BiographyBarry Smart is Professor of Sociology at the University of Portsmouth and has longstanding research interests in the fields of social theory, political economy, and philosophy. His research interests include critical social research ethics; higher education; and collaborative work on veganism, ethics, lifestyle and environment.
- Author(s)Barry Smart
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/1998
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePublished in association with Theory, Culture & Society
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.