CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.99Trending at £15.43
- £7.99Trending at £9.98
- £13.23Trending at £15.90
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £8.90Trending at £12.49
- £4.54Trending at £4.67
- £4.04Trending at £4.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores divine manifestations and their representations not only in art, but also in literature, histories and inscriptions.
- Author BiographyVerity Platt is Associate Professor in the Departments of Classics and Art History at Cornell University, New York, having previously taught at the University of Exeter and the University of Chicago. Her research interests include attitudes to the sacred image in antiquity, ancient theories of representation, the relationship between image and text, and Roman wall-painting and funerary art. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Verity Platt
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleGreek Culture in the Roman World
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note53 b/w illus.
- Weight990 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.