All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)H.Gustav Klaus
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleScottish Studies International Publications of the Scottish Studies Centre of the Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz in Germersheim
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 23
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations, facsims.
- Weight170 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Feminist criticism and working-class writing - Songs of war and peace - The angry voice - Poems of passion and desire - The Penny Post: audience, community, recognition - Disappearance.
- Author BiographyThe Author: H. Gustav Klaus is Professor of the Literature of the British Isles at the University of Rostock, Germany. He takes a special interest in the 'little' tradition of working-class writing. His books in that area include The Literature of Labour (1985) and The Rise of Socialist Fiction 1880-1914 (1987). More recently he has published a study of the Irish poet Thomas O'Brien, Strong Words Brave Deeds (1994), and an investigation of crime fiction, The Art of Murder (1998).
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £16.54Trending at £21.11
- £7.71Trending at £8.78
- £13.75Trending at £15.23
- £10.22Trending at £13.57
- £7.42Trending at £9.97
- £7.52Trending at £7.68
- £9.00Trending at £10.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.