All listings for this product
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £7.50Trending at £7.94
- £12.22Trending at £12.44
- £6.24Trending at £6.35
- £7.55Trending at £9.47
- £4.55Trending at £5.36
- £5.97Trending at £6.90
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive overview of modern particle physics, which seeks to be accessible to anyone who wants to know how the universe works. An explanation of quantum mechanics and relativity paves the way for an understanding of the laws that govern particle physics.
- Author BiographyMartinus Veltman, born in 1931 in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, studied at the University of Utrecht. He started as a fellow at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, and later became Professor of Theoretical Physics in Utrecht. Together with his then student 't Hooft he developed the mathematical implementation of gauge theories. In 1977 he deduced an equation that allowed a prediction of the mass of the top quark. In 1981 he accepted a position at the University of Michigan. After retirement he moved back to the Netherlands. The top quark with a mass as predicted was found at Fermilab in 1995, and in 1999 't Hooft and Veltman were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics, for elucidating the quantum structure of electroweak interactions in physics .
- Author(s)Martinus J. G. Veltman
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2003
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width159 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.