Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.03
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.65Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
- £10.28Trending at £13.98
About this product
- DescriptionFairy Godfather: Straparola, Venice, and the Fairy Tale Tradition makes the case that the fairy tale, far from rising from the ground as a rural folk tradition, was invented by a city-bound sixteenth-century Italian literary hack, Zoan Francesco Straparola. -Adam Gopnik, New Yorker
- Author BiographyRuth B. Bottigheimer teaches in the Department of Comparative Literature, State University of New York at Stony Brook. She is the author also of Fairy Tales and Society: Illusion, Allusion, and Paradigm.
- Author(s)Ruth B. Bottigheimer
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2002
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note6 illus.
- Weight402 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.