All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- Author(s)Jonathan H. Ebel
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note8 line illus.
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments ix INTRODUCTION 1 CHAPTER ONE: Redemption through War 21 CHAPTER TWO: Chance the Man-Angel and the Combat Numinous 54 CHAPTER THREE: Suffering, Death, and Salvation 76 CHAPTER FOUR: Christ's Cause, Pharaoh's Army 105 CHAPTER FIVE: Ideal Women in an Ideal War 127 CHAPTER SIX: There Are No Dead 145 CHAPTER SEVEN: The Same Cross in Peace : The American Legion, the Ongoing War, and American Reillusionment 168 CONCLUSION 191 Notes 199 Selected Bibliography 235 Index 249
- Author BiographyJonathan H. Ebel is assistant professor of religion at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.