CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £29.50Trending at £30.44
- £18.40Trending at £19.90
About this product
- DescriptionPresents strategies and techniques for building family involvement in schools, and helps readers discern which to employ in various settings. This title includes helpful study features, including chapter-by-chapter learning outcomes; boldface key terms; practical, experience-based examples; case studies; and website resources.
- Author BiographyBob Rockwell is professor emeritus and former director of the early childhood education program at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville. He also has worked as a speech pathologist, a teacher for the hearing impaired, and an administrator, as well as a consultant for the University of Chicago and Project Head Start. A prolific writer, Rockwell's books include NUTRITION AND THE YOUNG CHILD; PARTNERING WITH PARENTS: EASY PROGRAMS TO INVOLVE PARENTS IN THE EARLY LEARNING PROCESS; and others in circulation throughout the world. In addition to writing, he gives workshops and keynote presentations, and has been internationally recognized for his contributions to science, early literacy, family involvement, and nutrition. Lynda Andre has worked extensively with young children and parents for the past 20 years. An early childhood teacher with experience in preschool through third grade, she serves as the assistant superintendent for curriculum for the Edwardsville Community Unit School District. Dr. Andre has taught parent involvement classes at Southern Illinois University and is a grant writer for the Illinois Student Assistance Commission. She received her doctorate and master's degrees from Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, and her B.S. in child development from Western Illinois University. She is completing post-doctoral coursework toward acquisition of the Illinois Superintendent Endorsement. Mary Hawley has more than 20 years experience teaching early childhood special education, preschool, primary grades, and middle school in both rural and urban settings. She also has taught education courses at Blackburn College, and a variety of parenting classes. Working with the University of Illinois Extension for eight years, she was the director of STARnet Region IV, a project of the Illinois State Board of Education offering resources, support, training and consultation to professionals and families of children with special needs. She is teaching in an inclusive preschool program with Alton Public Schools. Mary Hawley received her master's degree in early childhood special education from Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville and her bachelor's degree in elementary education from Illinois State University.
- Author(s)Lynda C. Andre,Mary K. Hawley,Robert Rockwell
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomson Delmar Learning, Division of Thomson Learning
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Weight680 g
- Width206 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.