All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGary M. Blau,Thomas P. Gullotta
- Table Of ContentsAbout the Editors. About the Contributors. Introduction. Gullotta, The Family, Treatment, and Prevention: How Theory Influences Practice. Williams-Washington, Melon, Blau, Childhood Growth and Development Within a Family Context. Osher, Osher, Blau, Families Matter. Goode, Jones, Cultural Influences on Child Development: The Middle Years. Keys, Leaf, Public Health Principles and Approaches to Systems Interventions to Support Children's Emotional and Behavioral Health. Arcus, Chambers, Childhood Risks Associated with Adoption. Mensah, Fine, Divorce and Children. Hennon, Hildebrand, Schedle, Stepfamilies and Children. Fisher, Easterly, Lazear, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Families and their Children. Plant, Siegel, Children in Foster Care: Prevention and Treatment of Mental Health Problems. Nicholson, Cooper, Freed, Isaacs, Children of Parents with Mental Illnesses. Portwood, Physical Abuse in Childhood (Ages 5-13). Spitalnick, Younge, Sales, DiClemente, Sexual Abuse in Childhood (The Abused Child). Epilogue.
- Author BiographyThomas P. Gullotta, M.A., M.S.W. is C.E.O. of Child and Family Agency and is a member of the psychology and education departments at Eastern Connecticut State University. He is the senior author of the 4th edition of The Adolescent Experience, co-editor of The Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion, and editor emeritus of the Journal of Primary Prevention. He is the senior book series editor for Issues in Children's and Families' Lives. Tom holds editorial appointments on the Journal of Early Adolescence, The Journal of Adolescent Research and the Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation. In 1999, Tom was honored by the Society for Community Research and Action, Division 27 of the American Psychological Association, with their Distinguished Contributions to Practice in Community Psychology Award. Gary Blau, Ph.D. is the Chief of the Child, Adolescent and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services. Blau has received several awards including the Governor's Service Award, the Phoebe Bennet Award for outstanding contribution to children's mental health in Connecticut, and the Making a Difference Award presented by Connecticut's Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health. He currently holds a clinical faculty appointment at the Yale Child Study Center.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.