All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor eight-year-old Ajay Mishra and his older brother Birju, family life in Delhi in the late 1970s follows a comfortable, predictable routine: bathing on the roof, queuing for milk, playing day-long games of cricket in the street. Everything changes when their father finds a job in America, a land of carpets and elevators, swimsuits and hot water.
- Author BiographyAkhil Sharma was born in Delhi in India and emigrated to the USA in 1979. His stories have been published in the New Yorker and in Atlantic Monthly, and have been included in The Best American Short Stories and O. Henry Prize Collections. His first novel, An Obedient Father, won the 2001 Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award. He was named one of Granta's 'Best of Young American Novelists' in 2007.
- PrizesWinner of International Dublin Literary Award 2016. Short-listed for DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2016 and Folio Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Akhil Sharma
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date27/11/2016
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 0 to 0 years
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £9.00
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £4.52Trending at £9.00
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.