All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book teaches the basics of building sensors and communicating objects through a series of practical, demonstrative, and fun activities.
- Author BiographyJohn Keefe is the Senior Editor for Data News at public radio station WNYC in New York. The team infuses the station s journalism with data reporting, investigations, visualizations and interactives that are both useful and playful. These range from hurricane-tracking maps to do-it-yourself kits to help predict a cicada emercence.Keefe previously led WNYC s news operation, developing its election coverage and breaking news capacity. He is an adjunct instructor in the Journalism + Design program at the New School and is an Innovator in Residence at the West Virginia University Reed College of Media. Keefewas an adviser to News Challenge winner CensusReporter.org.Much of Keefe's professional work is focused on building useful, playful things for New Yorkers. On the side, he loves building useful, playful things for his family, himself and just for the fun of it -- often with friends who, together, call themselves Team Blinky. When he realized there just wasn't enough making in his life, he committed himself to making something new every week. While he hasn't quite held to that pace, he's managed to make a lot of new things, learning about electronics, sensors and coding in the process.
- Author(s)John Keefe
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication16/09/2016
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Computer & IT
- £25.03Trending at £32.96
- £35.51Trending at £37.08
- £53.48Trending at £58.72
- £39.53Trending at £40.02
- £45.12Trending at £59.60
- £36.98Trending at £37.58
- £23.15Trending at £35.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.