All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thrill-filled live-action Marvel Comics adaptation, director Tim Story (BARBER SHOP) balances comedy, romantic intrigue, special effects, high action, and even scientific trivia for a rounded FANTASTIC FOUR. Here, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Human Torch, and The Thing come together on a space mission that goes wrong. The ship's owner - who later transforms into evil Doctor Doom - refuses to abort the mission during a solar storm, which electrifies the ship and its entire crew, causing radical changes to their DNA. Back on earth, the transformed 'heroes' adjust to their new powers, which are specific to their personalities. Mister Fantastic, who lacks assertion, has stretchy limbs of rubber. Invisible Woman, who loves Fantastic but thinks he can't see her for who she really is, does a disappearing act. The Human Torch, an immature guy who is brimming with energy, can burst into flames. And finally, The Thing, a great friend who is as solid as a rock, actually turns into one - and loses his wife due to his weighty disposition. Holing up in Fantastic's scientific lab where they run experiments on themselves in hopes of changing back to normal, the crew learns that Doctor Doom - who is so power hungry that he turns into metal and is able to conduct electrical currents - poses a serious threat. The heroes quickly master their abilities and channel their scientific smarts for one truly fantastic five-way face-off. Visually, action sequences give way to tranquil interludes such as the New York City skyline with the Fantastic's lab glowing atop a skyscraper, while plot-wise, the interplay between the characters brings a human element to the film, with some touching moments from The Thing. This extended edition of the film is longer than the theatrical version.
- Leading Role 1Michael Chiklis
- Director 1Tim Story
- Leading Role 2Jessica Alba
- Leading Role 3Julian McMahon
- Additional Roles byLaurie Holden,Chris Evans,Stan Lee,Kerry Washington,Colin Lawrence,Paul Belsito
- ProducerChris Columbus,Avi Arad
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2007
- Running Time121 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- b7ad1c0be3f8ba2...12 Sep, 2010by
THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC BOOK BECOMES A MOVIE!!!
The Fantastic 4 : Reed Richrds/Mr.Fantastic, Sue Storm NE Richards/The Invisible Girl/Woman, Ben Grimm/The Thing & Johnny Storm/The Human Torch. The world's greatest superhero team! VS Dr.Doom!!! Great special effects! You get the origin slightly rejigged! Pretty good story! Different origin for Dr.Doom than the comic. All this plus the beautiful Jessica Alba! The second film brought in the Silver Surfer, when do we get Galactus the planet eater in FF3, the Inhumans FF4, Black Panther FF5!!! etc.
- iommanxman19 Jul, 2010by
Really is Fantastic..
This must be one of the worst films to come out of 2005. It's a bog standard superhero flick, but with characters that are impossible to really feel for or even care about, action that peters out fairly quickly, and a plot that you've seen a thousand times before. It seems pretty obvious that the Studio was convinced that all you really need to make a superhero flick is wafer thin characters a lot of garish colours. What I find incredible is that the Studio had hundreds of ppl looking at this film as they made it, and nobody seems to have realized that it was rubbish. And it isn't as if there weren't some decent superhero films to cop ideas off. Spiderman, for example, was a much better film. Even if you have nothing better to watch, don't bother with this film. Paint the kitchen, go for a walk. Telephone your grandmother, maybe. You'll be doing yourself a favour. Read full review
- emma19802117 Apr, 2009by
fabulous action packed movie,kept my son entertained for hours. one for the kids and the oldies who grew up with the original fantastic four, would definatley recommend.
- task_gb_ltd07 Feb, 2008by
Fantastic Four - Extended Edition
An entertaining movie that does not take itself too seriously, gives a nice introduction to the characters, leaves you wanting more. Special effects were good, especially the Human Torch ‘Flame On’ scenes Plot summary: Five astronauts are bombarded by cosmic rays, though initially they seem un-affected, on return to Earth they all start to display unique powers. Four of the astronauts team up to try to find a solution to their changes, the fifth Victor Von Doom (Julian McMahon) whose company funded the space voyage comes under pressure from his board of directors and as his powers manifest themselves he uses powers to eliminate his enemies. With each abuse of his power it leads to the ultimate climax a fight with the other four effected astronauts. This extended edition has an extra 20 re-inserted into the film. Read full review
- trod198027 Jul, 2007by
Fantastic Four Mini Review (No Spoilers)
Reed Richards is a very talented scientist seeking the funding for a space experiment. Along with his friend and partner Ben Grimm, he goes to businessman Victor Von Doom and manages to get his support. So, Reed and Ben, along with Doom, his partner Sue Storm and her brother Johnny, find themselves aboard Doom's private space station. However an accident will flood the station with cosmic rays and Reed, Ben, Sue and Johnny will gain amazing powers thus becoming the Fantastic Four. But, the four of them aren't the only ones affected by the cosmic rays An excellent movie that will watch many times.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.24Trending at £10.35
- £5.94Trending at £9.99
- £19.54Trending at £20.72
- £7.90Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £13.84
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £5.95Trending at £6.99