All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, art historian T.J. Clark offers a vision of the art of the 19th and 20th centuries, focusing on moments when art responded directly, in extreme terms, to the ongoing disaster called modernity .
- Author BiographyT. J. Clark is Chancellor's Professor of Modern Art at the University of California, Berkeley. His books include The Absolute Bourgeois: Artists and Politics in France, 1848-51; Image of the People: Gustave Courbet and the 1848 Revolution; and The Painting of Modern Life: Paris in the Art of Manet and His Followers.
- Author(s)T. J. Clark,Timothy J. Clark
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note210 b-w + 70 color illus.
- Weight1746 g
- Width901 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £52.63Trending at £53.70
- £5.35Trending at £5.46
- £22.74Trending at £23.30
- £7.00Trending at £7.15
- £17.24Trending at £17.58
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £7.99Trending at £8.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.