All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFarming in Miniature 2: Dinky to Wen-al describes 52 manufacturers with supplementary chapters on promotional model tractors, unknown manufacturers and unidentified heavy tractors.
- Author BiographyThe authors Chartered accountant Robert Newson started collecting Matchbox toys as a teenager. His interest developed into research and writing about the less well-known British manufacturers of diecast and lead vehicles. He has written extensively for toy collectors' magazines. Dr Peter Wade-Martins has spent his working life as an archaeologist in Norfolk, with a special interest in countryside conservation. His other interests include rare sheep breeds. He has made a 20-year study of farm models. In 2003, having dabbled in antiques and toys as an amateur for twenty years, Adrian Little founded Mercator Trading Ltd - dealers in interesting toys. The company specialises in the minor makers, vintage figures and pre-Second World War items. The three authors' work has been collated by Brian Bastiman who, with his son David, is a collector of model tractors and other Britains farm toys. Brian is retired from the national agricultural advisory service ADAS where he spent much of his time writing and editing scientific reports and papers.
- Author(s)Adrian Little,Peter Wade-Martins,Robert Newson
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- GenreAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleFarming in Miniature
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note970
- Weight2000 g
- Width305 mm
- Height285 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £27.18
- £8.66Trending at £11.91
- £11.00Trending at £11.55
- £16.94Trending at £25.63
- £19.56Trending at £26.34
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.