Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.70Trending at £14.52
- £25.40Trending at £26.99
- £23.28Trending at £29.99
- £9.28Trending at £17.50
- £22.37Trending at £25.66
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on interviews with over 100 young men and women, and five years of research, the author explores the fast-paced world of kids and their cars. She reveals a world where cars have incredible significance for kids, as a means of transportation and thereby freedom to come and go, as status symbols and as a means to express their identities.
- Author BiographyAmy L. Best is Professor of the Sociology at George Mason University. She is author of Prom Night Youth, Schools and Popular Culture, which was selected for the 2002 American Educational Studies Association Critics' Choice Award, and Fast Cars, Cool Rides: The Accelerating World of Youth and Their Cars. She is also the editor of Representing Youth: Methodological Issues in Critical Youth Studies.
- Author(s)Amy L. Best
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication25/12/2005
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.