Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.02Trending at £23.19
- £23.72Trending at £26.01
- £40.35Trending at £40.95
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
- £16.40Trending at £17.72
About this product
- Author(s)Jayne Raisborough
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteX, 187 p.
- Weight393 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Fat, the Media and a Fat Sensibility.- Chapter 1. The Matter of Fat.- Chapter 2. Fat Gets Melodramatic: The Obesity Epidemic and the News.- Chapter 3. Fat Finds Lifestyle: Introducing Reality Television.- Chapter 4. The Before: Fat Gets Ready for a Makeover.- Chapter 5. Sweat and Tears: Working at Redemption.- Chapter 6. Fat and on Benefits: The Obese Turn Abese.- Chapter 7. Conclusion: Fat Sensibility or Moral Panic?.
- Author BiographyJayne Raisborough is Reader at the School of Applied Social Sciences, University of Brighton, UK. She is the author of Lifestyle Media and the Formation of the Self and co-editor of Risk, Identities and the Everyday. Her current work is an empirical, visual, exploration of women's negotiations of anti-ageing culture.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.