All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a billion people worldwide are overweight and over 600 million are obese. We live in an obesogenic environment in which it is much easier to get fat than to stay fit. How has this come to be? This book examines the social and psychological causes of the obesity pandemic in order to answer these questions.
- Author BiographyDavid Lewis (Author) Dr David Lewis is a neuropsychologist, director of research at Mindlab International, and the author of more than two dozen bestselling books. He is a Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society, a Fellow of the International Stress Management Association, and founder of Action on Phobias and Stresswatch; a non-profit charity advising companies on stress management. He has also been the on-screen consultant to Channel 4's acclaimed Secret Eaters diet programme.Margaret Leitch (Author) Dr Margaret Leitch is a research scientist with PhD, MSc, and Honours BA degrees in the field of Experimental Psychology, Research Methods and Statistics, and Honours Psychology. She has conducted research into the psychological and neuroscientific underpinnings of obesity, including three years of longitudinal patient monitoring. She is a specialist in identifying the predictive signs that express a vulnerability for developing overeating habits. She is co-author of the best-selling book Lose It Right.
- Author(s)Dr. David Lewis,Dr. Margaret Leitch
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Books
- Weight467 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.64
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
- £8.31Trending at £9.99
- £5.29Trending at £6.07
- £10.24Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.