All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Deborah Lupton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight158 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction 2. Thinking About Fat: A Review of Different Perspectives 3. Governing Fat Bodies 4. The Transgressive Fat Body 5. Being/Feeling Fat 6. Reframing Fat: Fat Activism and Size Acceptance Politics. Concluding Comments. Bibliography. Webliography. Glossary of Key Terms.
- Author BiographyDeborah Lupton is in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Sydney. She is an internationally renowned sociologist and the author/co-author of eleven other books, including Medicine as Culture, Risk, Risk and Everyday Life (with J Tulloch), The Imperative of Health, The New Public Health (with A Petersen) and Food, the Body and the Self. Her current research interests are in the sociocultural dimensions of medicine, public health, embodiment, risk and the family.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.53
- £19.03Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.