All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- Author(s)J. Lynn Caldwell,John A. Caldwell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 35 b&w illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Part I The Problem of Fatigue: Introduction; An overview of fatigue. Part II Causes of Fatigue: The nature of fatigue; The processes underlying sleepiness (fatigue) and alertness; Circadian rhythms; Sleep facts; Sleep disorders; Other factors associated with sleep difficulties. Part III Countermeasures for Fatigue: The need for fatigue countermeasures; Sleep optimization: the first-line fatigue countermeasure; Anti-fatigue strategies for shift lag and jet lag; Anti-fatigue strategies for situations involving sleep restriction; Issues to consider when launching a program of fatigue management. References and suggested readings; Index.
- Author BiographyDr. John Caldwell has a Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology with over 25 years of experience conducting multidisciplinary research in settings including the U.S. Army's Medical Research and Materiel Command, NASA, and the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory. He is an internationally recognized expert scientist in the areas of sleep deprivation, fatigue countermeasures, and research on the real-world performance effects of select pharmacological compounds. He is a Fellow in the Aerospace Medical Association and the Aerospace Human Factors Association. Among his awards, Dr. Caldwell has received the Air Force's highest civilian award for research and development. Dr. J. Lynn Caldwell has a Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology with over 20 years of experience investigating sleep-optimization and fatigue-mitigation strategies in military aviation. She is certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine as a Sleep Specialist. In her work with the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Navy, Dr Caldwell has conducted numerous simulator and in-flight investigations on fatigue countermeasures, sleep, circadian rhythms, and pharmacological interventions in rated military pilots. She has served as a Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the U.S. Air Force Academy, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the Aerospace Medical Association, and the Aerospace Human Factors Association.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.