All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMathematicians solve equations, or try to. But sometimes the solutions are not as interesting as the beautiful symmetric patterns that lead to them. This book discusses these elegant and mysterious patterns and the ingenious techniques mathematicians use to uncover them. It addresses representation theory and reciprocity laws.
- Author BiographyAvner Ash is professor of mathematics at Boston College and the coauthor of Smooth Compactification of Locally Symmetric Varieties . Robert Gross is associate professor of mathematics at Boston College.
- Author(s)Avner Ash,Robert Gross
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 halftone. 2 line illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition with a New preface by the authors
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £33.22Trending at £50.21
- £12.27Trending at £17.06
- £12.65Trending at £14.87
- £10.96Trending at £15.95
- £9.92Trending at £14.99
- £12.27Trending at £15.24
- £6.87Trending at £7.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.