All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes aim at the protected status of male masculinity and shows that female masculinity has offered a distinct alternative to it for well over two hundred years. This book uncovers a hidden history of female masculinities while arguing for a an understanding of gender categories that would incorporate rather than pathologise them.
- Author BiographyJudith Halberstam is Professor of Literature at the University of California in San Diego. She is the author of Skin Shows: Gothic Horror and the Technology of Monsters, also published by Duke University Press, and writes a regular film review column for Girlfriends magazine.
- Author(s)Judith Halberstam
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/1998
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note38 b&w photographs
- Weight612 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.