CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.29
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.60
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionA long-needed corrective and alternative view of Western art history that discusses the extent to which art has been distorted, in every period, by sexual bias.
- Author BiographyNorma Broude and Mary D. Garrard are professors of art history at the American University in Washington, D.C., and are leading scholars in the field of feminist art history. Broude is the author of The Macchiaioli: Italian Painters of the Nineteenth Century (1987), Impressionism, A Feminist Reading: The Gendering of Art, Science, and Nature in the Nineteenth Century (1991), and Georges Seurat (1992). Garrard has written articles and reviews on feminism and art history, Jacopo Sansovino, Michelangelo and Raphael, and Renaissance sculpture. She is the author of Artemisia Gentileschi: The Image of the Female Hero in Italian Baroque Art (1989) and, with Broude, the coeditor of Feminism and Art History: Questioning the Litany (1982).
- Author(s)Mary Garrard,Norma Broude
- PublisherINGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Date of Publication21/07/1982
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1982
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Note306 photos, index
- Weight642 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.