All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a renewed focus on politicized feminism and development, rather than gender and development alone, this book balances first-hand research with theory, providing a thorough and more nuanced overview of the topic.
- Author BiographyAndrea Cornwall is the director of the Pathways of Women's Empowerment programme and professor of anthropology and development in the School of Global Studies at the University of Sussex. She has written widely on gender issues in development, sexuality and development and participatory governance. Her publications include Women, Sexuality and the Politics of Pleasure (Zed 2013), Men and Development: Politicising Masculinities (Zed 2012) and The Politics of Rights: Dilemmas for Feminist Praxis (2009). Jenny Edwards has been the programme officer for the Pathways of Women's Empowerment programme at the Institute of Development Studies since 2006. She studied cultures and communities at the University of Sussex and her dissertation was on the politics of stepmothering as portrayed in children's literature. Her interests are in the issues of gender stereotyping, particularly in popular culture, and women's political representation.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleFeminism and Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Weight440 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Edited byAndrea Cornwall,Jenny Edwards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.94Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.