CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.48Trending at £5.01
- £7.48Trending at £7.60
- £7.17Trending at £7.30
- £9.51Trending at £9.64
- £10.43Trending at £11.93
- £4.03Trending at £6.96
- £9.11Trending at £9.24
About this product
- DescriptionOne hundred years ago in Brazil the rituals of Candomble were feared as sorcery and persecuted as crime. Its cult objects were fearsome fetishes. Nowadays, they are Afro-Brazilian cultural works of art, objects of museum display and public monuments.
- Author BiographyRoger Sansi is a Lecturer in Anthropology at Goldsmith's College, London .He has conducted research on Afro-Brazilian art and culture in Brazil. Recently he has worked on the history of the term fetishA in the Lusophone Black Atlantic.
- Author(s)Roger Sansi
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleRemapping Cultural History
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.