All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a survey of dispersion compensating fibers. This book outlines Conventional Dispersion Compensating Fiber and includes a chapter on modeling dispersion in optical fibers; and Systems experiments and Impacts, featuring a survey of systems experiments demonstrating Dispersion Compensation Technologies.
- Author BiographyDr Siddharth Ramachandran obtained his Bachelor of Technology degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, in 1991, MS from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, in 1993, and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana, in 1998. Since Nov. 1998, he has worked at Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies and subsequently OFS Laboratories, OFS-Fitel, first as a Member of Technical Staff, and since March 2003, as a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff. Dr. Ramachandran's research focuses on fiber and fiber-grating devices in specialty, dispersion-tailored fibers. He was the technical-lead as well as team leader for Lucent Technologies efforts in defining next-generation dispersion-compensation solutions for future 40 Gb/s optical communications systems. He has authored over 90 refereed journal and conference publications, 2 book-chapters, 15 patent applications. Dr. Ramachandran has served on several conference committees, and was the program chair for the IEEE-LEOS Summer Topical meetings in 2006. Dr. Ramachandran is a member of IEEE-LEOS.
- Author(s)Siddharth Ramachandran
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/09/2007
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleOptical and Fiber Communications Reports
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note311 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight962 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.