CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionField Arithmetic explores Diophantine fields through their absolute Galois groups. The treatment starts with techniques from algebraic geometry, number theory, and profinite groups. Graduate students can effectively learn generalizations of finite field ideas.
- Author BiographyMoshe Jarden (revised and considerably enlarged the book in 2004 (2nd edition) and revised again in 2007 (the present 3rd edition). Born on 23 August, 1942 in Tel Aviv, Israel. Education: Ph.D. 1969 at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem on Rational Points of Algebraic Varieties over Large Algebraic Fields . Thesis advisor: H. Furstenberg. Habilitation at Heidelberg University, 1972, on Model Theory Methods in the Theory of Fields . Positions: Dozent, Heidelberg University, 1973-1974. Seniour Lecturer, Tel Aviv University, 1974-1978 Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University, 1978-1982 Professor, Tel Aviv University, 1982- Incumbent of the Cissie and Aaron Beare Chair, Tel Aviv University. 1998- Academic and Professional Awards Fellowship of Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung in Heidelberg, 1971-1973. Fellowship of Minerva Foundation, 1982. Chairman of the Israel Mathematical Society, 1986-1988. Member of the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, 1983, 1988. Editor of the Israel Journal of Mathematics, 1992-. Landau Prize for the book Field Arithmetic . 1987. Director of the Minkowski Center for Geometry founded by the Minerva Foundation, 1997-. L. Meitner-A.v.Humboldt Research Prize, 2001 Member, Max-Planck Institut f\ ur Mathematik in Bonn, 2001.
- Author(s)Michael D. Fried,Moshe Jarden
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- Series TitleErgebnisse der Mathematik und Ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3 Folge /A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1229 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.