All listings for this product
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £53.47Trending at £83.35
- £44.85Trending at £59.89
- £11.61Trending at £12.43
- £28.27Trending at £44.91
- £3.58Trending at £5.48
- £13.97Trending at £19.97
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
About this product
- DescriptionMost owls are almost perfectly adapted to life in the dark. This guide covers 19 species of owls occurring in North America. It describes the biology and behavior of owls to make finding and identifying them easier and watching them more enjoyable. It also gives information on how to design, place, and maintain nest boxes.
- Author BiographyHans Peeters, Professor of Biology, Zoology, and Ecology emeritus at Chabot College, is coauthor, with Pam Peeters, of Raptors of California (UC Press), with E.W. Jameson, Jr., of Mammals of California (UC Press) and author of American Hawking. His illustrations have appeared in many bird guides including The American Bird Conservancy's All the Birds of North America, Book of North American Birds, and Birds of South Asia. An award-winning painter, two of his depictions of Golden Eagles have appeared on Mexican stamps.
- Author(s)Hans J. Peeters
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2007
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleCalifornia Natural History Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number93
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note154 color illustrations, 19 maps
- Weight467 g
- Width114 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.