All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures Britains bees and other important group of insects. This guide covers over 270 species, and is fully illustrated with photographs and colour artwork.
- Author BiographySteven Falk is a professional naturalist and conservationist with a particular love for insects. He has worked for the former Nature Conservancy Council, two large museum services, and a wildlife trust. He has been involved with natural history books since his teens, contributing colour artwork to books such as British Hoverflies and the Collins Field Guide to Insects of Britain and Northern Europe. He has also written many scientific papers, popular articles and a county flora for Warwickshire. He currently works for Buglife. Over almost forty years, Richard Lewington has built up a reputation as one of Europe's finest wildlife illustrators. He first became interested in butterflies as a child when he inherited a cabinet of insects. He studied graphic design at the Berkshire College of Art, and since leaving in 1971 has specialised in natural-history illustration. His meticulous paintings of insects and other wildlife are the mainstay of many of the modern classics of field-guide art.
- Author(s)Steven J. Falk
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Wildlife Publishing Ltd
- Weight700 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Lewington
Most relevant reviews
- nick_dismas19 Jul, 2017by
Superb Guide on Bees
A very informative guide about bees. Superb content and photos. A really excellent book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £10.39Trending at £13.47
- £5.67Trending at £7.31
- £17.11Trending at £19.78
- £7.21Trending at £8.18
- £12.20Trending at £12.80
- £9.10Trending at £9.44
- £8.91Trending at £11.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.