All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £6.80Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £19.03Trending at £19.65
- £7.00Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Field Guide to the Birds of Suriname (with its 107 color plates) provides the first handy pocket guide for the 746 species (including 760 subspecies) that are known to occur in this beautiful and friendly country.
- Author BiographyDuring the 1970s, dr. Arie L. Spaans (1937) lived for five years in Suriname where, on behalf of the Suriname Forest Service, he studied the distribution and ecology of coastal birds. Since then, he has regularly been returning to Suriname for short field trips. He is the author of Coastal Birds of Suriname (2003) and (with Otte Ottema and Jan Hein Ribot as co-authors) has also published an Annotated Checklist of the Birds of Suriname (2009). Since 2002, he is chairman of the Foundation Friends of Nature Conservation in Suriname. During the 1990s, Otte H. Ottema (1952) lived for nine years in French Guiana, running a school for children of Surinamese refugees and working for a French nature conservation organization. In 1999, he moved to Suriname where he worked for the Foundation for Nature Conservation in Suriname (STINASU). Since his retirement in 2010, he has been working as a freelance bird guide. He is the author of Wild Birds of Paramaribo (2007) and was a co-author of the Annotated Checklist of the Birds of Suriname. Dr. Jan Hein J.M. Ribot (1949) lived in Suriname from 1978 until 1985, working as a lecturer in physics at the University of Suriname. From 1985 until his retirement in 2014, he worked at the University of Applied Sciences in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. He regularly returns to Suriname. He is a co-author of the Annotated Checklist of the Birds of Suriname and maintains a website on Suriname birds (http://www.surinamebirds.nl) that he started 20 years ago.
- Author(s)Arie Spaans,Jan Hein J. M. Ribot,Otte H. Ottema
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleFauna of Suriname
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight855 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.