All listings for this product
Save on Law
- £6.89Trending at £7.99
- £28.12Trending at £29.31
- £34.99Trending at £37.79
- £31.13Trending at £33.29
- £14.24Trending at £14.49
- £28.33Trending at £30.00
- £5.50Trending at £6.35
About this product
- Author(s)James Lee,Matthew Dyson,Shona Wilson Stark
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight929 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction Matthew Dyson, James Lee and Shona Wilson Stark 2. Fifty Years of the Law Commissions: The Dynamics of Law Reform Now, Then and Next Lady Hale Part 2: The First Half-Century of the Commissions 3. Introduction Lord Hodge 4. Strategies of the Early Law Commission Paul Mitchell 5. Fifty Years of Law Reform-A Note on the Northern Ireland Style Neil Faris 6. Working on the Larger Canvas-Law Reform in a Federal System: Thoughts on Forty Years of the Australian Law Reform Commission Kathryn Cronin 7. Law Reform and Social Policy Eric Clive Part 3: Institutions, Commissions, Committees, Codifiers 8. Introduction Lord Beith 9. Memoir of a Reforming Chairman Sir Terence Etherton 10. The Duty to Make the Law More Accessible? The Two C-Words George L Gretton 11. The Former Law Commission of Canada: The Road Less Travelled Yves Le Bouthillier 12. The Law Commission and the Criminal Law: Reflections on the Codification Project Ian Dennis Part 4: The Many Faces of Law Reform 13. Introduction Lord Carnwath 14. Democracy, Law Reform and the Rule of Law Lord Toulson 15. Promoting Law Reform: By Means of Draft Bills or Otherwise Shona Wilson Stark 16. Law Commissions, Courts and Society: A Sceptical View William Binchy 17. A Good Name, a Long Game Laura Dunlop Part 5: Implementation by Statute 18. Introduction Dame Mary Arden 19. The Legislative Implementation of Law Reform Proposals Sir Grant Hammond 20. Post-legislative Scrutiny, Legislative Drafting and the `Elusive Boundary' Andrew Burrows 21. Reflections on Statutory Implementation in the Law Commission Nicholas Paines 22. Implementation by Statute: What the Future Holds Hector MacQueen Part 6: How Law Commissions Work 23. Introduction Sir James Munby 24. The Law Commission Method: Exportable to the EU? Hugh Beale 25. How Law Commissions Work: Some Lessons from the Past David Johnston 26. Challenges for Independent Law Reformers from Changing External Priorities and Shorter Timescales Sir Jack Beatson 27. The Bill's Progress Stephen Lewis Part 7: Courts and Commissions 28. Introduction Lord Drummond Young 29. The Etiquette of Law Reform James Lee 30. Law Reform in Private Law: The Role of Statutes in Supplementing or Supplanting the Common Law Barbara McDonald 31. The Refiner's Fire Charles Harpum 32. Reflections on the Courts and the Commission David Ormerod Part 8: Commissioning the Future 33. Introduction Elizabeth Cooke 34. The Scottish Law Commission and the Future of Law Reform in Scotland Lord Pentland 35. Looking to the Future Sir David Lloyd Jones 36. Commissioning the Future-A Chief Executive's Perspective Elaine Lorimer 37. Implementation of Law Reform Reports: Developments in Scotland Malcolm McMillan 38. The Future is a Foreign Country, They Do Things Differently There Matthew Dyson 39. Making Law-Who, How and What? KJ Keith
- Author BiographyMatthew Dyson is a Fellow in Law at Trinity College, Cambridge. James Lee is Senior Lecturer in Private Law at the Dickson Poon School of Law, King's College London and an Associate Academic Fellow of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. Shona Wilson Stark is a Fellow in Law at Christ's College, Cambridge, and an Affiliated Lecturer at the Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.