CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.94
- £13.01Trending at £19.95
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.16
- £4.99Trending at £9.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe first full account of the operations of the British security forces on Cyprus in the second half of the 1950s, showing how these forces were trying to defeat the Greek Cypriot paramilitary organisation, EOKA, which was fighting to bring about union between Cyprus and Greece.
- Author BiographyDavid French was born in Essex in 1954 and educated at the University of York and the War Studies Department at King's College London. After briefly holding teaching posts at North London Polytechnic, the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and Heriot-Watt University, he spent 27 years at University College London, before taking early retirement to become a full-time writer. The author of eight previous books, he has been the recipient of the Arthur Goodzeit Prize of the New York Military Affairs Symposium, and is a three-times winner of the Templer Medal awarded by the Society for Army Historical Research. He is a Fellow of both the Royal Historical Society and the Historical Association.
- Author(s)David French
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width168 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.