Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.71Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionAnalytic philosophy was born from philosophic reflection on logic and mathematics. It has been at its strongest in these and related domains of reflection, domains that are friendly to definition and analytic clarity. From time to time, analytic philosophers, some very distinguished, have produced fine work on literature and the arts.
- Author BiographyHoward K. Wettstein is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Riverside. He has taught at the University of Notre Dame and the University of Minnesota, Morris, and has served as visiting Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Iowa and Stanford University. He has published articles on the philosophy of language and the philosophy of religion and is the author of Has Semantics Rested on a Mistake? And other Essays (1992). He is currently finishing a book on the philosophy of language. Peter A. French is the Lincoln Chair in Ethics and the Director of the Lincoln Center for Aplied Ethics at Arizona State University. He was the Cole Chair In Ethics, Director of The Ethics Center, and Chair of the Department of Philosophy of the Humanities and Professor of Philosophy at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, and served as Exxon Distinguished Research Professor in the Center for the Study of Values at the University of Delaware. He is the author of seventeen books including Cowboy Metaphysics: Ethics and Death in Westerns; Corporate Ethics; Responsibility Matters; Corporations in the Moral Community; The Spectrum of Responsibility; Collective and Corporate Responsibility; Corrigible Corporations and Unruly Laws; Ethics in Government; and The Scope of Morality. His most recent book, The Virtues of Vengeance, was published in April 2001. He has published dozens of articles in the major philosophical and legal journals and review, many of which have been anthologized.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2001
- Series TitleMidwest Studies in Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 25
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHoward K. Wettstein,Peter A. French
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.