Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionDefines the financial intermediary organization and relates it to the process of economic development. This title argues that the conventional models of banking constructed for developed countries need to be complemented by institutional narratives of banking that focus on minimization of the transaction costs of finance and organization.
- Author BiographyIndrajit Mallick is a Fellow in Economics at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata. He completed his MA in Economics from Boston University with specialization in Money, Banking and Finance, and Development Economics. He holds a PhD in Economics from Jadavpur University on banking theory and policy. His areas of interest include financial history of less developed countries, economic analysis of law and macroeconomics. Sugata Marjit is currently the Reserve Bank of India Professor of Industrial Economics at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta. He was the first Sukhamay Chakravarty Chair Professor, CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University and was a Professor of Economics at the Indian Statistical Institute. A topper of Calcutta University he received his Phd in Economics from the University Rochester in 1985. He received the Mahalanobis Gold Medal of the Indian Econometric Society in 2002 and the VKRV Rao National Prize as a young Social Scientist in 2003, among the very few who have received both. He held visiting professorial positions at the Universities of Bonn, Copenhagen, Cornell , Erasmus , Monash, Munich, Konstanz, New South Wales, Queensland, Penn. State, Rochester etc. and was a visiting scholar at the IMF, ADB and the Federal Reserve Bank, St. Louis, USA. His papers have been published in well-known journals such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Development Economics, European Economic Review, International Economic Review, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Letters etc. Oxford University Press, SAGE and Springer-Verlag have published his books and edited volumes.
- Author(s)Indrajit Mallick,Sugata Marjit
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2008
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.