Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.85Trending at £4.48
- £14.79Trending at £16.84
- £4.82Trending at £7.48
- £7.65Trending at £9.97
- £5.74Trending at £7.90
- £6.02Trending at £9.95
- £7.48Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionBonsai trees, with a strong heritage in Japanese tradition, are the artistic miniatures of the plant world. Combining the natural and the artificial, they are as intricate as they are delicate. This book showcases over 300 photographs of bonsai taken in some of the most respected private and public collections in the United States and Japan.
- Author BiographyJonathan M. Singer's double-elephant folio of Botanica Magnifica is kept in the Cullman Rare Book Room at the Smithsonian Institution Libraries. Dr. Singer was named a Hasselblad Laureate Award winner (2008) and Carl Linnaeus Silver Medalist from the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences (2009) based on his contribution marrying art with science, and to our perception and appreciation of the botanical world. His many achievements include his appointment as Research Collaborator, Department of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C. William N. Valavanis has made over fifty trips to Japan where he apprenticed with well-known bonsai artists Kyuzo Murata and Kakutaro Komuro in Omiya Bonsai Village in Japan. He is the proprietor of the International Bonsai Arboretum in Rochester, New York, where he maintains a collection of classical bonsai. His is also the Publisher and Editor of International BONSAI.
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight5256 g
- Width305 mm
- Height381 mm
- Photographer(s)Jonathan M. Singer
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.