Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.00Trending at £31.80
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £20.65Trending at £21.58
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
About this product
- Author(s)Stefan Waner,Steven Costenoble
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2017
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1520 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
- Table Of Contents0. PRECALCULUS REVIEW. Real Numbers. Exponents and Radicals. Multiplying and Factoring Algebraic Equations. Rational Expressions. Solving Polynomial Equations. Solving Miscellaneous Equations. The Coordinate Plane. Logarithms. 1. FUNCTIONS AND APPLICATIONS. Functions from the Numerical, Algebraic, and Graphical Viewpoints. Functions and Models. Linear Functions and Models. Linear Regression. 2. THE MATHEMATICS OF FINANCE. Simple Interest. Compound Interest. Annuities, Loans, and Bonds. 3. SYSTEMS OF LINEAR EQUATIONS AND MATRICES. Systems of Two Equations in Two Unknowns. Using Matrices to Solve Systems of Equations. Applications of Systems of Linear Equations. 4. MATRIX ALGEBRA AND APPLICATIONS. Matrix Addition and Scalar Multiplication. Matrix Multiplication. Matrix Inversion. Game Theory. Input-Output Models. 5. LINEAR PROGRAMMING. Graphing Linear Inequalities. Solving Linear Programming Problems Graphically. The Simplex Method: Solving Standard Maximization Problems. The Simplex Method: Solving General Linear Programming Problems. The Simplex Method and Duality. 6. SETS AND COUNTING. Sets and Set Operations. Cardinality. The Addition and Multiplication Principles. Permutations and Combinations. 7. PROBABILITY. Sample Spaces and Events. Relative Frequency. Probability and Probability Models. Probability and Counting Techniques. Conditional Probability and Independence. Bayes' Theorem and Applications. Markov Systems. 8. RANDOM VARIABLES AND STATISTICS. Random Variables and Distributions. Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Random Variables. Measures of Central Tendency. Measures of Dispersion. Normal Distributions.
- Author BiographyStefan Waner and Steven R. Costenoble both received their Ph.D. from the University of Chicago, having studied several years apart with the same advisor, J. Peter May. Their paths merged when Steven joined Stefan at Hofstra University in 1987; since then they have coauthored 18 research papers as well as a research-level monograph in algebraic topology. By the early 1990s they had become dissatisfied with many of the Finite Mathematics and Applied Calculus textbooks. They wanted textbooks that were more readable and relevant to students' interests, containing examples and exercises that were interesting, and reflected the interactive approaches and techniques they found worked well with their own students. It therefore seemed natural to extend their research collaboration to a joint textbook writing project that expressed these ideals. To this day, they continue to work together on their textbook projects, their research in algebraic topology, and their teaching.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.