Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £5.87Trending at £5.99
- £4.66Trending at £4.87
- £4.44Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
- £4.59Trending at £5.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe setting is a lumber town in Upper Michigan, the stomping grounds of Paul Bunyan and the giants of Swedish, German and Finnish lore. Celie and her husband are the children of Scandinavian pioneers. Radios and flivvers have enlarged her world, and she longs to escape from a place where wild violet fireweed grows to the edge of the woods.
- Author BiographyAnnick Smith is a freelance writer, editor, and filmmaker. Her story, It's Come to This, appeared in Best American Short Stories, 1992. She was coeditor, with William Kittredge, of The Last Best Place: A Montana Anthology. Her film credits include Heartland (executive producer) and A River Runs Through It (coproducer).
- Author(s)Mildred Walker
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content NoteIllus
- Weight335 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Introduction byAnnick Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.