All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of train operating company First Great Western whose performance rose from being the worst for a long-distance operator in the UK to becoming one of the best in a few short years, and whose passengers felt so disgruntled they even organised a fare strike. With narrative and 124 colour photos the author provides a history of the Company.
- Author BiographyJohn Balmforth is a retired professional railway man who has continued a lifelong interest in the railways as the author of five successful books published by Ian Allan Publishing: Virgin Trains - A Decade of Progress (2007), GNER - The Route of the Flying Scotsman (2008), Virgin Atlantic (2009), South West Trains (2011) and Virgin Trains - From HST to Pendolino (2012). Previously, Balmforth was Deputy Chair of the Statutory Rail Passengers Committee for the Midlands where he was the author of a number of reports published by the RPC on railways.
- Author(s)John Balmforth
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note124 colour photographs
- Weight400 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.