All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Darrell L. Jenkins
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, 54 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight595 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsPlanetary Discovery and The Seven Sisters.- The Best Viewing.- Equipping Yourself for the View.- Beehives and Eskimos.- Whirlpools and Sombreros.- Matter Matters.- Treat Yourself to Dark Skies.- Capturing the Cosmos.- Planning a Trip to an Observatory.- How to Find the Best Printed Reading about Astronomy.- Astronomy Text and Videos Online.- Inspiring Others.
- Author BiographyD. A. Jenkins has had a passion for writing since his teen years, when he resolved to produce a body of work that would both satisfy the needs of readers and his passion to create. Since then he has written business material for several large institutions, organizations, and individual clients, and has also created various short fictional works. He studied financial planning at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas, and has a broad array of professional experience that includes being a classical piano teacher. However, it is his enthusiasm for the night sky that has continued to fuel his passion for astronomy across four decades. Jenkins has been an enthusiastic amateur astronomer since childhood, with a special interest in deep sky observing. He resides in Texas, where he enjoys observing celestial phenomena in the pristine dark skies of the Davis Mountains, along with many other locations. He thoroughly enjoys astronomy outreach activities such as sharing stunning telescopic sights with people at star parties. Jenkins is a member of the Austin Astronomical Society (www.austinastro.org) and also observes regularly with the North Houston Astronomy Club.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.